So my mommy came to me and left me today. I really enjoyed her visit. Thank you mommy. :)Highlights: looking at all the gorgeous things we'll buy when we're rich in Ann Taylor, dream decorating our house at Crate and Barrel, oogling over everything cool at the American Girl Store, watching the Olympics on the couch, sipping coffee while reading Mr. Rogers, buying mommy drawing pencils that I KNOW she will use, and getting lots of mommy hugs.
I comforted myself from her absence with some rotini (whole wheat), accompanied with oven-roasted tomatoes, feta and lots of garlic.
I like the taste of vegetable stock better than chicken stock. I read one recipe that said to thicken chicken stock with some heat. I tried it with the vegetable stock and it didn't seem to do much thickening. ? But mixed with feta it didn't matter and made a good sauce. Served in my new fancy big pasta bowls from Crate and Barrel.
I'm so glad the 3rd season of Dexter finally finished downloading today. I've already watched 2 episodes and am forcing myself to do other things (like this, italian homework and sleep) before I snarf down the rest of the season. Its probably the greatest show ever.
You could start a recipe book with photos! I love the photo -- you totally needed big bowls for eating your pasta dishes. Other highlights included going to the art store today, and yesterday lunch at Food Life, and dinner of suishi, chicken satay, and edimame (sp?).
ReplyDeleteI loved looking out the window of your room when I woke up in the middle of the night and in the early morning. I watched the traffic and the lights in the other buildings and just enjoyed the vista and the architecture.
I will totally use the pencils. In fact, I'm going to find that sketch paper right now. Maybe I'll even try to watch some Dexter one of these days. But when the Olympics is over I have to get back to some Wii.
I think what I liked most was visiting you where you live -- not just seeing you in the family home. It felt like I could see you a bit more clearly.
Love you! --Mom
P.S. I don't get this profile thing so I'm posting under Anonymous until I figure it out.
I found the sketch pad I used in college! - Mom
ReplyDeleteI very exited to see your sketches. Maybe you could make one for me? Pretty please?
ReplyDelete