Today was a yucky, gray, slippery, slushy day. I learned how to tell time in Italian today. Sono sette meno quattro. Its 6:56!To save myself from the yuckiness outside, I decided I needed some serious comfort food. I decided to attempt to create the best comfort food in the entire world Noodles and Co's Wisconsin Mac & Cheese with Parmesan Crusted Chicken. The picture is the actual thing (thank you google). I've always had an idea of what went into it, and it didn't seem to hard. And mine turned out even better.
About 10 minutes to make, about $5 cheaper, no long walk to Noodles, plus the satisfaction of making it yourself- I am so brilliant.
Wow! Another great looking dish. Let's make this next time you are home. You really pounded the chicken breast? What did you use - do you have a mallet? Also it looks or sounds like it makes enough for two meals for you. Does it reheat well? So when we visit my mom this spring we have to find out what cheese she uses for her mac and cheese that is my absolute favorite and watch her make it.
ReplyDeleteMeanwhile, Elly and Amanda (Ian's sister) and I went to Team Strength tonight, then I came home and Dad made me switch cars which is a lot of work and I didn't want to do right then. Then I watched ice dancing finals and saw you had posted again. I reviewed Elly's cover letter and resume then e-mailed my comments and markups to her and finally have time to comment to you. It took two handfuls of sweet potato chips to wake me up enough to have the energy to comment back -- that's how I gain weight! Not the commenting back -- the chips, I mean. So no drawing tonight. I'm going to read the comics and crash. I like this...
I'm resisting the urge to eat some Valentine candy on the way to bed. That's really a bad habit! Did you finish your candy already?
ReplyDeleteNo, I've only eaten like 5 so far. I'm so good.
ReplyDeleteI LOVED the Canadians' routine, it was one of the most gorgeous things I have ever seen.
I love you
ReplyDelete